What better time than spring to renew your vow to start an active lifestyle.
But what to do with your locs?
Locs and exercise are one of the best marriages around. It’s a wash and go style that, if properly maintained, will be your ally during your most strenuous of workouts. Here’s some tips to keep not only you but your locs in shape:
- Shampoo with a moisturizing shampoo and make sure to target the scalp area first. Perspiration releases salt, which is drying to locs and scalp. You will need to wash this away to stop dryness and odor.
- Wear your locs in a ponytail or in some style that’s off your face. You’ll feel cooler.
- If pressed for time, a water rinse can work—just make sure you target your roots and scalp to remove the salt from sweat. You can follow with a full shampooing session later.
- A quick moisturizer: a scented, whipped shea butter application after towel drying will work wonders in softening your locs.
- Shampoo only once for quick shampoos. You can follow with a two-shampoo session later on.
- Try to apply an essential oil to the roots and along the shaft for optimal moisture.
- Drink plenty of water to replenish your body’s fluid loss and also to moisturize from within.
- Let your locs air dry. It’s less drying.
Enjoy your workout. To your health!