A hot oil treatment is what can revive your locs. Use the oil of your choice from olive, coconut, jojoba, or other carrier oil that can provide complete coverage from the scalp to ends of your locs. Here’s how…
- Shampoo. Choose a shampoo that lathers well. One I just discovered: Cream of Nature Moisturizing Shampoo in Kiwi and Citrus. Lather, rinse and repeat.
- Remove excess water from locs with a lint-free towel.
- Heat a good size amount of oil. Be careful it does not get too hot.
- Massage it in from scalp to ends.
- Cover with a plastic cap and sit under a hooded dryer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly once done.
Follow with the loc maintenance method of choice: palm rolling, loc stitch, or the method that works for you. Your locs should feel soft and supple from the infusion of oil it just received. Water is also at work here, too. They may not mix, but water seals the deal.
P.S. don’t forget to get vols 1 & 2 of our printed edition at http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/399285.
‘Till next time,