Carrots are a good source of vitamin A. Vitamin A is not only good for the eyes but are also good for the health of hair. This keeps the hair shiny, well conditioned and resilient. The vitamin A in carrots helps promote general scalp health. Carrots also play a role in sebum production, and a diet rich in carrots can lead to faster hair growth through healthy sebum production.
Carrots are also rich in beta-carotene, which gives your hair radiant shine and color, restoring and strengthening the structure of hair follicles. It is also a good source of vitamin C, which helps in increasing blood flow to the scalp, aiding in hair growth. All you need to do: start your day with a glass of carrot juice. It’s healthy and tastes good, too!
Other beauty nutrients from carrots include:
- potassium which helps reduce skin dryness and reduces scars and blemishes.
- essential oils that help prevent acne by detoxifying your body.
- nutrients that it can reduce skin related problems like eczema, which is caused by deficiency of vitamin A, dermatitis and rashes.
- beta-carotenoids which help reduce sunburn and also increase the skin’s resistance towards sun damage, reduces cell degeneration and thus slows down the aging of the body, and improves the amount of collagen in the skin.
- It also increases nail strength.
Try carrot juice today. The beauty supply store also is full of carrot products for your hair to try.
‘Till next time,
Loc’d Life Magazine