It’s a new year, and here’s Loc’d Life best tips for locs for 2014.
- Mix it up. Variety is the spice of life this year. Vow to try different styles in 2014. Braid outs, updos, maybe even adding a little color (permanent or temporary with some yarn or colored loc pieces) are all in order this year. Don’t be a plain Jane.
- Care for them. Don’t slip up with your regular routine. Make sure you oil your locs regularly, and tie them up at night to prevent dryness, thinning and breakage.
- Research them. Be on the lookout for new information all the time. Talk with your loctician. Read Loc’d Life.
- Take pride in them. 2014 is the year for locs. Wear them with pride.
- Nurture them. Drink water for moisture. Eat lots of salmon and omega-3-rich foods to grow hair and to retain moisture. Eat carrots for vitamin A to maintain oils in your scalp. Oysters for zinc (A lack of zinc can lead to hair loss, and zinc prevents a dry, itchy scalp). Get your vitamins from whole foods.
Don’t forget these tips in 2014!
‘Till next time,
Loc’d Life Magazine